Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Life in the zone...the Construction Zone, that is


Where to start? It seems silly to start at the beginning of this fiasco we call home. That would entail backtracking 10 years. Too much work, too much time, too many memories. Let me just say that we've been living without walls for much too long.

I suppose I should start with the Kitchen, since that is our current project. Well, actually, it's been our ongoing project for the past 10 years, but this year we're serious. I'm serious. We must have a beautiful, functioning kitchen by the end of August, when I leave for an extended, vacationless stay in Minnesota. I thrive under pressured deadlines. Three months should be perfect.

I remember standing in the horrible kitchen the day we bought this house and saying to the PO, "The kitchen will be the first to go." Ha. Life gets in the way sometimes, I suppose.

That's not to say that the kitchen hasn't changed and morphed and moved locations around the house several times over the past decade. It's not been pretty. It's not been homey. It's never been permanent. The only thing steadfast about life in this house is our permanent state of upheaval. A never-ending remodel. A constant decor of 2x4s, bare wires, reciprocating saws and nailguns. This photo shows just one of the many morphings...this one is from 1999. Oh and the cats? Four of the 6 have already died of old age.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poo, I really enjoyed reading your info on your blog!!!
Keep it coming! Especially
what you are doing in school.
Luv you, Mary Nell

6/17/2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thank you Mary Nell! I miss you and think of you all the time.

Love, Poo

7/02/2006 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Return to Turtle Hollow - Main Page